Gilles, the only way I can think of to effectively use JavaServer Pages (by
that, I assume you mean HTML-only) is to generate a temporary GIF or JPEG
image and then send the image to the user (to see this in action, take a
look at  I personally don't know how to do that,
but it will require some thinking on your part.  The only other alternative
is to use an applet.