  • Subject: Re: How to define the CLASSPATH on the AS400?
  • From: francess@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 05:25:54 -0600

A handy thing to do also  is to is to set the CLASSPATH in your .profile
file stored in your home directory (usually /home/userid).  For instance,
in my home directory on the AS400 (/home/fstewart) I have file .profile
(that is 'dot profile') which contains:

WAS_ROOT=/QIBM/ProdData/WebASAdv
#WAS_ROOT=/drops.ejs/driver13

CP=$WAS_ROOT/lib
CP=$CP:$WAS_ROOT/lib/ejs.jar
CP=$CP:$WAS_ROOT/lib/servlet.jar
CP=$CP:$WAS_ROOT/lib/ujc.jar
CP=$CP:$WAS_ROOT/lib/server/ibmwebas.jar
CP=$CP:$WAS_ROOT/deployedEJBs/Inc.jar
CP=$CP:.

CLASSPATH=$CP

Your .profile file is invoked each time you enter QSHell. In your case you
could just specify:
CLASSPATH=.:/QIBM/ProdData/http/public/jt400/lib/jt400.jar
in the .profile file, and then if you need more things added, do:
export -s CLASSPATH=/mydir/moreclasses:$CLASSPATH

Frances Stewart
Java II and Applications Enablement
External: (507) 253-2795
Tie-line: 8-553-2795