  • Subject: Re: [ASCII to EBCDIC]
  • From: Vishal Gupta <vishjava@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: 14 Jan 00 07:17:06 MST

I have not done socket programming but if u r using
Client Access, then there is one option in client access
where u can specify the extention for the files, which
you want to convert from ASCII to EBCDIC. It works
perfectly fine, i have recently completed one project
successfully in which i have used this facility.

I hope it will work for u.

mtanveer@FRIEDMANCORP.COM wrote:
how can i translate data from ASCII to EBCDIC.  I am doing some socket
programing usin RPG/ILE.  The only problem I am having is that PC is sending
me ASCII data on my port.  I can read it but its not in EBCDIC.

Please help
Thanks