  • Subject: RE: help with applets...
  • From: "Gunda, Praveen (CTS)" <GPraveen@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 13:06:13 +0530

Title: RE: help with applets...

Hi,

    We are facing some problems at run time in accessing the AS/400 database from an applet. The applet & Html  are written, compiled & reside  on AS/400(V4R2M0) only. Also both the applet & Database reside on the same AS/400. We are on an V4R2M0 m/c & are using an HTTP Server which comes along with the AS/400. The browser i used to access the HTML was Internet Explorer 5.0 .

The attached document contains the source code of :
 applet : applet.java
 Html   : applet.html
 Errors : Exception.txt
We have also tried using the following :
        a.  Classpaths on the AS/400 :
            1.                       /qibm/proddata/http/public/jt400/lib/jt400.jar
            2.                       /qibm/proddata/http/public/jt400/lib/jt400.zip
        b.  using archive key word in the Applet tag of Html & specified the above two paths of JT400.jar & JT400.zip

We are just trying to display a panel with 3-buttons. When the user clicks the Connect button the applet is supposed  to connect to the AS/400, But it is throwing Exceptions(attached in Exception.txt).

The same code is working  fine when written as an application either on AS/400 or PC .

It would be Great! if u can help us..

Thanks & Regards
Praveen
mailto:gpraeen@chn.cts-corp.com

<<applet.html>> <<applet.java>>       <<Exception.txt>>

Title: MY FIRST APPLET ON AS/400

applet.java

java.io.UnsupportedEncodingException: Cp037 [Could not load class:
sun.io.ByteToCharCp037]
        at sun/io/ByteToCharConverter.getConverter
        at java/io/InputStreamReader.<init>
        at com/ibm/as400/access/ConvTable.<init>
        at com/ibm/as400/access/ConvTable.getTable
        at com/ibm/as400/access/Converter.<init>
        at com/ibm/as400/access/Converter.getConverter
        at com/ibm/as400/access/Converter.getConverter
        at com/ibm/as400/access/DataStream.<clinit>
        at com/ibm/as400/access/AS400.<clinit>
        at java/lang/ClassLoader.findSystemClass
        at com/ms/vm/loader/URLClassLoader.loadClass
        at java/lang/ClassLoader.loadClassInternal
        at applet.actionPerformed
        at java/awt/Button.processActionEvent
        at java/awt/Button.processEvent
        at java/awt/Component.dispatchEventImpl
        at java/awt/Component.dispatchEvent
        at java/awt/EventDispatchThread.run
Error getting package information: com/ibm/as400/access
com.ms.packagemanager.PackageManagerException: Package not found
        at com/ms/packagemanager/PackageManager.getPackage
        at com/ms/security/SecurityClassLoader.getSecurityInfoFromPackage
        at com/ms/security/SecurityClassLoader.findPackageManagerClass
        at com/ms/security/SecurityClassLoader.findPackageManagerClass
        at com/ms/vm/loader/URLClassLoader.loadClass
        at java/lang/ClassLoader.loadClassInternal
        at applet.actionPerformed
        at java/awt/Button.processActionEvent
        at java/awt/Button.processEvent
        at java/awt/Component.dispatchEventImpl
        at java/awt/Component.dispatchEvent
        at java/awt/EventDispatchThread.run
Exception occurred during event dispatching:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.ibm.as400.access.AS400