  • Subject: Re: Application modernization - any experieence
  • From: nimrod@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 17:53:55 +0200

I completely agree with Joe's analysis of the pros & cons of field-mode
vs. block-mode.  Furthermore, block-mode is much easier to adapt to
other UI technologies (most notably HTML-based) than field-mode.  Now
that you know UI technologies can become obsolete, why tie yourself
into a specific one by imposing this restriction?

And since I can't control the urge, I will insert my shameless plug:

----- BEGIN Shameless Plug -----
Shahar - your list of requirements looks like a shorthand version of
the requirements for Jacada Innovator (requirement 3 included, field-
mode excluded).  Why don't you give us a call to see if we can work
together?
------ End Shameless Plug ------

Nimrod