  • Subject: Re: Websphere and classpath
  • From: "John Hilton IV" <jhilton4@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 12:22:02 -0500

IBM and I finally found the problem as to why my user created servlets were
not being served from the sevlet directory.   Which may explain your
problem.

I created the .java file and compiled it into a .class file in my own user
directory on the IFS under the QSH, however I moved the created .class file
to the IBM servlet directory via Win/98 drag and drop Copy, i.e. right
click.  Apparently, this does not do things correctly, hence they are there
to the eye but not to WebSphere.  If you do a WRKLNK and copy the .class
files using the DOS copy command, then no problem.

I do not why this doesn't work.  Again we are at OS/400 V4R4 and are using
the latest Client Access and Service packs (V3R2M0), including having Win/98
up to date with it's latest Service Pack (4.10.98), not the new Version 2
that Microsoft is hyping.

The IBM Hot Line person (Tosh) I've being dealing with said he was going to
request an APAR on this.

Thanks to those who suggest help for my original problem.

I hope this is some help to your problem,

John Hilton IV