  • Subject: Re: RMI server
  • From: "Luther Ananda Miller" <LAM_SoftTel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 08:56:49 +0200

Ět sounds slightly related to a problem we just ran into.. we are now
implementing Stored procedures for returning results sets and have found
that when we call the stored procedures from the client and keep the results
open (in order to bind them to a grid, etc., and allow the user to have
multiple windows open on different restults) that get the same error
message. In the stored procedure we must hardcode a cursor name to use to
return the results set. It seems that if we call the stored procedure again
from the same connection before the resultset from the first call has been
closed (and hance the underlying cursor) we get this error message "Cursor
C1 already open" (we are using C1 for the cursor name in the stored
procedure). It seems that the program cannot differentiate the cursors it
uses in subsequent calls to itself in the same connection, so if a cursor
from a previous call is already open then it comes back with this error
message.

Perhaps your problem is the same - perhaps a temporary cursor name is being
generated for the parameter query results (by the Java code? by the AS/400
toolbox? by the JDBC driver?) and a previous call still has the cursor open
with the same name in the same DB connection.

Are you closing all the results when you are done with them? Is lazy close
enabled? How many connection are you using? etc etc.

Luther

LAM_SoftTel@usa.net -- http://www.lanandam.com