Jason, I can tell your approach is more elegant than stuff I've done. I
just did a super simple thing, but I'll post in case it helps at all.

I just have a checkbox for deletion in a column (I think the column heading
is Delete Authority?), and have added an element to my SQLRecord (
DltAuthorities) , and map JSP to that element.

dataItem DltBox boolean {persistent = no} end // True or False value from
checkbox

Then I just do a loop through the structure I've declared against the
DltAuthorities SQLRecord:
for (AuthoritiesLoop from 1 to NumberAuthorities by 1)
if ( PendingDltAuthorities[AuthoritiesLoop].DltBox )

When I find rows to be deleted, I go off and perform that deletion
function, and when I refresh list to user, that row won't be found (since
it's deleted and I'm not retrieving it as a deletion candidate anymore).

I also have a demo mode where I simply just remove the row from the list
via the removeElement EGL-provided function.
PendingDltAuthorities.removeElement(OrderLoop);
OrderLoop = OrderLoop - 1; // Decrement index since array element was
removed

I wanted to allow the user to select multiple rows for deletion, so I went
with a checkbox and one overall submit button.

from: Jason Abreu <abreuj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: [EGL-i] submit button parameter issue

I have a page that displays a data set and have a 'delete' button column
that allows a user to delete a row; the object on the JSP page is a JSF
DataTableEx object. It is set up as the following:

The DataTableEx has a column that contains a button linked to an EGL
pagecode function (ie- DeleteLine()). Also, a parameter is set up for
the button (ie- #{varselectLine.RQOKLIN}).
The EGL pagecode function (DeleteLine()) retrieves the parameter as
such- lineNbr string = J2EELib.getQueryParameter("lineNbr").

This works on one page, but not on another. I have exhaustively
compared the working code to the non-functioning code that I am trying
to write and am finding no differences. Have I completely missed the
ball somewhere on what's going on? Am I even doing this properly?

Thanks for any help!

Steve Mervosh
THOR (Total Hardware and Order Repository)
Software Development
IBM Rochester Minnesota
spm@xxxxxxxxxx