MichaelQuigley@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
"For your company, would it be more important that IBM focus on providing tools that allow EGL to act as a thin interface to your existing ILE, or are you more interested in using EGL to write brand new platform-independent applications?"

Joe,

Sorry, it's taken me a while to get back to this one. We're definitely more inclined to Integration. We want to interface to existing IBM i applications. We may add some new databases and then put an EGL front-end on them, but we're definitely leaning to using ILE back-end logic--COBOL or RPG.
And that's what most i shops I talk to are saying. That's why EGL is such a great fit. I did my little presentation at RSDC yesterday, and you should have seen the eyes in the audience. The way EGL separates user interface and business logic, the simple procedural syntax, the way it hides all the complexity of thin and rich client web interfaces, and the way it interfaces so seamlessly with RPG - all of these make it the simplest way to integrate your existing ILE business logic with all the latest technologies.

Joe