I am trying to access IFS data on another lpar of IBM i from Domino. I
could try QNTC or QFileSvr.400. I have looked at a number of links:
http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/nd8forum.nsf/5f27803bba85d8e285256bf10054620d/098bccc2f23e939e85257632007c6f7f?OpenDocument
http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/nd6forum.nsf/55c38d716d632d9b8525689b005ba1c0/cc9f81a83a44557885256d26007b0c47?OpenDocument&Highlight=0,qn%3Ftes
http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/nd6forum.nsf/55c38d716d632d9b8525689b005ba1c0/1c189ab5668a7bb68525714f00519dfc?OpenDocument
http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/nd6forum.nsf/55c38d716d632d9b8525689b005ba1c0/c98cbc2949b5cabe85256e29007a7f16?OpenDocument

In those links I hear a range of options.
One is to change user profile QNOTES from PASSWORD(*NONE) to a password,
and if QNOTES doesn't exist on the remote lpar (maybe it doesn't have
Domino) then just create it. The password must match on both systems.
Tried opening a pmr with IBM and was told that those who've added a
password to QNOTES have done so at their own peril and have had much
difficulty. From IBM:
<snip>
NO addin products would work,
backup and restore via Domino api would not work
etc, etc, etc.
</snip>

One of the links mentioned using /qntc (aka NetServer) and configuring the
remote lpar to support guest accounts in NetServer and ensure that the
user assigned (often QUSER) has access to the desired directory.

I'd really like to avoid insisting that all IFS type work (if needed)
handles locally and that the "db2" lpar leave the stuff in db2.

I'd also like to avoid insisting that the db2 lpar do all the pushing to
the domino lpar for two reasons:
- Domino clustering.
- Timing of when Domino is ready for it.

It's also been suggested that I leave QNOTES with a password of *none on
both machines and use EIM/SSO/Kerberos from one machine to another. Not
sure how a batch Domino QNOTES process snags on to a Kerberos ticket...

http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/nd85forum.nsf/DateAllThreadedWeb/b22e66bc0807525285257afd004799af?OpenDocument