I have a large window of opportunity to compact data files. Basically
from 5pm Saturday night to Sunday evening. I do this by dropping the
servers and compacting offline to avoid conflicts. Apparently that isn't
enough to compact our ARCHIVE1 server. So I thought of running multiple
COMPACTs at once by using the technique outlined at
http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/dominowiki.nsf/dx/Domino_Deployment_Best_Practices#Efficiently+Upgrading+the+On+Disk+Structure+ODS
Basically using .ind files to do this.

I am thinking of piping the list of databases to a file and then breaking
these down by enough chunks to get this done in the time allotted but not
so small as to negatively impact performance by having too many compacts
running at once.

How would you recommend initially populating this list?

I don't suppose there's an appropriate wildcard to
- compact all databases in the mail directory
- compact all databases in the archive directory
- compact all databases not in either of the two above directories
If so, I could break it up by those three chunks to start and see if that
works.