Because you never used ID Recovery you have no choice but to recreate the
user. Just use the delete key, not the delete person button when you
remove them from the "People and Groups" tab in the administrator. You'll
have to choose a different name for the mail file because it will already
exist. However, as soon as you are done registering the user you can
update the person document to use the old mail file and delete the new one
that just got created. Also, in this case I suggest that you save
yourself a step and make sure to save the id file locally in addition to
the vault when you register the user. The Notes client can be
temperamental about pulling the id out of the vault in cases like this and
no sense on having to reinstall or reconfigure the client if you don't
have to....

Amy

Amy Hoerle
Kim Greene Consulting, Inc
Senior Consultant
ahoerle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
507-775-2174 (direct) | 507-367-2888 (corporate)
Office Hours: 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM CST, other times by appointment
http://www.bleedyellow.com/blogs/iLotusDomino
http://www.twitter.com/iLotusDomino