Hi Sean,

I worked with a number of customers that saw some corruption issues after
upgrading to 8.5. What we found was that their backup procedure was
saving the /tmp directory while the server was active. I then did some
testing and was able to get the problem to occur by saving any of the
following with the server up: transaction log directory, notes.ini,
server.id or /QIBM/ProdData/Lotus. If you are using BRMS I would suggest
checking your control group to see what types of saves besides SAVDOMBRM
you are running. If you are running the *LTSOMTONL linked list, that is
most likely your problem. There are details about that type of problem
and how to omit those files at
http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/i/support/brms/dominitbrm.html or in the
technote http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21404738.

I hope this resolves your problem. Good luck!
Amy Hoerle
Kim Greene Consulting, Inc
Senior Consultant
ahoerle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
507-775-2174 (direct) | 507-367-2888 (corporate)
Office Hours: 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM CDT, other times by appointment
http://www.bleedyellow.com/blogs/iLotusDomino
http://www.twitter.com/iLotusDomino

Since we upgraded to 8.5.2 we have been getting email database corruption
nearly
every day. When we run fixup on the email database it deletes lots of
documents and attachments
and the user is not too happy. All Fixup switches make no difference.

Server is running Domino 8.5.2 with transactional circular logging
enabled.

ODS is 51.

IBM seems stumped.

Anyone else experiencing this Phenomenon?

Thanks,

Sean