So, do I just follow the steps "Uninstalling LEI on IBM i" in leiig.nsf to
do this?

I have two scenarios.

Scenario 1: LEISERVE is one of a number of domino partitions on GDIHQ. It
is the only one running LEI. And it was solely created to server LEI. We
renamed it's notes.ini and left the server down for days to see if we
really weren't using it anymore. Unless we rename the notes.ini.bak back
we can't start it.

Scenario 2: GDI01 is the only Domino partition on GDI. It is a test
Domino partition on a test box. In addition to LEI it processes numerous
other items.

I can see where following the steps may help snag leftovers out of obscure
directories. Not that I relish downloading LEI from Passport Advantage
just to uninstall it.

Does the server have to be up to run this? I would prefer doing it with
the Domino server down. Let me guess, even if I bring it down should I
rename the ini file back to ini so that the process doesn't choke trying
to remove lines from the ini file?