From: rob@xxxxxxxxx
To: Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 01/06/2011 08:42 AM
Subject: Re: Domino calling an i program with mismatched parameters
kills the server.
Sent by:
domino400-bounces+tommy.holden=thompsonmachinery.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Are you suggesting that the first executable lines of the CL include a
global MONMSG, much like:
PGM (&PARM1 &PARM2)
DCL &PARM1 *CHAR 10
DCL &PARM2 *CHAR 10
MONMSG MSGID(CPD0000 CPF0000 MCH0000) EXEC(GOTO CMDLBL(ERRORHDLR))
/* Body of program here */
SNDMSG MSG(COOL) TOUSR(*REQUESTER)
GOTO END
ERRORHDLR:
CHGJOB LOG(4 0 *SECLVL) LOGCLPGM(*YES)
DSPJOBLOG OUTPUT(*PRINT)
DSPJOB OUTPUT(*PRINT)
DMPCLPGM
END:
ENDPGM

On a mismatched parameter would this even get to that executable line?
When I test it from the command line with different sizes it executes the
SNDMSG as if there was no error. I suspect the interface from Domino to
the i is more stringent. If I only send one parameter from the command
line it doesn't start the program. It aborts with: CPD0172 - Parameters
passed on CALL do not match those required. Never executes a line.