Do you have custom Notes apps or just mail and a few discussion and/or teamroom type databases?

At 04:33 PM 10/7/2010, you wrote:

We are not Lotus Note experts here and that is one main reason we are
moving to Google Apps. That said, we are having issues figuring out what
we are being asked to do in this migration guide. We are supposed to
install a Notes client and Administrator on the migration "server". We are
told that is all that is needed. Google provides a database template that
we placed on our Domino server and signed.

We used the template to create a new database on the host computer. In
guide is says migration "server" is need to be a trusted server. So, we
figured out that we need to register a new server. This "server" doesn't
actually have Domino on it. Does that matter? Or are we more or less
registering a client on the network that can act on behalf of Domino for
certain tasks? Further more, does this registration have to be done from
the "server" that is being truest, or can it be done from a any on the
network computer? Finally, in the registration it asks for the "fully
qualified Internet name" , is an IP address or a UNC name valid there?

We need to get this server registration piece figured out. Ultimately what
we need to be able to do is to copy mail files off of the primary domino
server onto our "migration server" and be able to open them in the client,
which will copy data to Google Apps accounts. I feel like I am missing
something here.

Matt