LOTS of questions ......

What is the CCSID of the file? The Domino jobs run as CCSID 37 (EBCDIC
English).
If you want the data translated you must be sure the PCASCII file is
defined as a PSASCII file.
Is the file CCSID 819?
Did you transfer the file to the system in binary or text mode?

CVS is a little tricky but this is a test I used for text files.....

Dim returnVal As Integer

Dim fileNum As Integer
fileNum% = Freefile()
Open "/ww414/notes/ebcdicfile.txt" For Output As fileNum%

Dim fileNum2 As Integer
fileNum2% = Freefile()
Open "/ww414/notes/asciifile1.txt" For Output As fileNum2%

Print #fileNum%, "First line " ; "This is the first line."
Print #fileNum%, "Second line:"; "This is the second line"
Print #fileNum%, ""
Print #fileNum%, "Fourth line:"; "This is the fourth line. Please
note, the third line is empty."
Print #fileNum%, "This is the end of the file."
Print #fileNum%, ""
Close fileNum%

Print "USE shell function to call copy file to another code page"
returnVal = Shell("DEL OBJLNK('/ww414/notes/asciifile1.txt')")
returnVal = Shell ("CPY OBJ('/ww414/notes/ebcdicfile.txt')
TOOBJ('/ww414/notes/asciifile1.txt') SYMLNK(*NO) TOCODEPAGE(819)")

Walter Scanlan
Senior Software Engineer
Office: 507-286-6088
Cell: 507-990-4539