If this is a V5R4 box, I highly recommend doing the code installation during off hours. The program conversion will spawn LDFX jobs that you can't change the run priority of. They are basically run away jobs that will take all available CPU and they will steal the CPU from others jobs running on the server. The only option if they are causing issues with production work running on the server is to find the job that spawned them and kill that job. It can be a real mess.

Kim

Sent from my Blackberry.

----- Original Message -----
From: Robert Laing [rlaing@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 01/21/2010 09:51 AM EST
To: Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Upgrading Domino

I have used the setup.exe, lodrun and rstlicpgm from download images and
all have worked just fine. I've never used the System i Navigator option.

You can load the licensed programs without doing the upgrade. Load the
licensed program at any time, and then run the UPDDOMSVR when you want to
do the actual server upgrade. Loading the 8.5.1 licensed programs will
not remove or impact the 7.0.1 licensed programs in any way.

I had some issues with Sametime 8.5 and reverted back to 8.0.2. I didn't
open a PMR with IBM though didn't spend a lot of time troubleshooting what
my problems were -- so my problems may be an isolated case.

Bob