As in any server the first thing you should do is try to ping from the i
to the other server. If you have access to telnet, or an IBM System i
Access for Windows 5250 client, then get on the server and do this:
CALL QCMD
PING remoteserver
If this fails then there are some things you need to check:

Item one:
CFGTCP
10. Work with TCP/IP host table entries
There should NOT be any host table entries for this - this should be
handled in DNS. If you know what you are doing then remove the erroneous
host table entry. We can try the DNS and add it back later - with the
right new address.
If you removed the host table entry then try the ping again and see if it
now works. If not then add the host table entry back in - this time with
the right address.

Item two: Checking the DNS.
CFGTCP
12. Change TCP/IP domain information
PgDn
You can have up to three Domain Name Servers listed here. Ping each one
by IP address and see if they are current. We had a network consultant
who changed the IP addresses on all of our DNS'. (Recommend that be
phased in - no more than one a week or so.)
If you ping the remote server and you get the wrong address then try
nslookup on that wrong address and see which DNS needs fixing.
NSLOOKUP HOSTNAME('10.10.6.145')
Press ENTER to end terminal session.
Server: 10.10.4.250
Address: 10.10.4.250#53

Item three: You've verified PING and the DNS - now what?
Use either the Domino Administrator client or the 5250/telnet command
WRKDOMSVR option 8 to do this:
TRACE remoteserver
trace gdi01
Determining path to server GDI01
Available Ports: TCPIP
Checking normal priority connection documents only...
Allowing wild card connection documents...
Enabling name service requests and probes...
Address found in local TCPIP names table for GDI01
Connecting to GDI01/DEKKO over TCPIP
Using address 'GDI01.dekko-1' for GDI01/DEKKO on TCPIP
Requesting IP Address for GDI01.dekko-1 from DNS
DNS returned address 10.10.6.145 for GDI01.dekko-1
Connected to server GDI01/DEKKO
Attempting Authenticated Connection
Compression is Disabled
Encryption is Disabled
***
If you are getting the wrong address then check your "server docs", namely
the ports tab. Normally one does not put an IP address in there. I use a
name I can ping by.

Keep us posted.