Walter,

I knew you would answer! I know it's dicey and that mileage variance is
to be expected.

Brief history - I specifically remember that there was a statement made
somewhere for 6.5 to 7.0 that reference improved response time and
reduced CPU utilization. Pretty decent numbers. Again, I'm not so much
concerned about true gains but your summary does give a nice feeling on
the subject.

What prompted this is we had some management and development weenies
attend Lotusphere and according to the management weenie who is my boss
we have to get to 8.5 ASAP because we have performance gains......

Currently, I'm much messier than Rob. Due to partitions, ST,
Quickplace, and lots of bad luck last year I currently have a mix of
6.5, 7.0, and 8.0 with most production sitting at 6.5. I'm hoping to be
rid of 6.5 by the end of this quarter and well into moving into 8.0 on
certain technologies.

We will get current. Minimally we should be at 8.0 on everything by mid
year. Probably a test server on 8.5.

Michael Crump

Manager, Computing Services
Saint-Gobain Containers, Inc.
1509 S. Macedonia Ave.
Muncie, IN 47302

765.741.7696
765.741.7012 f

Motivation
If a pretty poster and a cute saying are all it takes to motivate you,
you probably have a very easy job. The kind robots will be doing soon.