Is there an option in LEI to change collating sequence, or should I build
a LF on the table with an alternative collating sequence to avoid this
situation?
If the LF, what collating sequence do you recommend?

<snip>
We've been having some problems with the material database files. Since
we combined all of the databases in BPCS, the item master that gets
downloaded is just short of 120,000 records. LEI was getting a sorted
list of documents from the iSeries and a sorted list of documents from
Notes. Then it would start down the lists and delete or insert as needed.
Unfortunately, the iSeries sorts in EBCDIC and the Notes views are in
ASCII. The iSeries list would sort in this order - punctuation/symbols,
lower case letters, upper case letters, numbers. The Notes view would
sort in this order - numbers, upper case letters, lower case letters,
punctuation/symbols. Therefore, LEI would compare the first items, which
were at opposite ends of the lists, and it would delete all of the Notes
documents until it found a match at the end. Then it would continue down
the BPCS list and insert all of the BPCS items back into the Notes
database. By the time this happened with 7 material databases, it was
taking hours for all of the changes to replicate to the other servers. I
should have the Notes lists sorted to match the iSeries order, and that
should fix those issues. Hopefully the QUALITY servers won't be quite so
busy replicating in the morning.

Here is one of the logs from this morning. (Time = 13:45) (Deleted =
118668) (Inserted = 118749)
Here is one that I ran after my changes. (Time = 01:10) (Deleted =
11) (Inserted = 11)
</snip>