I would be inclined to use an available LDAP server.
There is a defined attribute for picture in the schema - just for what you
described. (Photo and JpegPhoto are both defined)
If you are like the rest of the world you probably already have either an
ADAM server established in your AD environment.
You could have the Network / Physical security folks add the pictures
they used for badges to the existing entry
then you could use a URL in your Signature to point to the picture. THis
is good becasue photos wont be sent outside of your local domain.
The user can activate/deactivate there sig as appropriate

Timothy Briley <tlbriley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: domino400-bounces+aj.mccartan=phoenix.gov@xxxxxxxxxxxx
11/30/2007 09:37 AM
Please respond to
Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: Customized letterhead

Robert,

As I understand it, the whole point of this is for a company to be
able to have a person's picture in his/her person document in the
Domino directory. It would be rather useless if it weren't.

While the Personal Name and Address Book template and the Server Name
and Address Book (Domino Directory) templates aren't the same for
obvious reasons, the person form in each have to be pretty similar in
order for the view action "Copy To Personal Address Book" in the
Domino Directory to work.