other big disk eaters of no value,

Old data in IBM_TECHNICAL_SUPPORT

console logs can be gigs of data.

In the data directory
*.DTF files (ONLY DELETE WHEN THE SERVER IS DOWN!)

You can have 10s of thousands of DTF files on a very busy server.

Walter Scanlan
Senior Software Engineer
WPLC products for System i
507-286-6088
Cell: 507-990-4539
wscanlan@xxxxxxxxxx

rob@xxxxxxxxx
Sent by: domino400-bounces+wscanlan=us.ibm.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
04/04/2007 01:05 PM
Please respond to
Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: Trend release dated April 02, 2007

I have found that there are a couple directories in the IFS (other than
the usual Domino) that can eat up disk space.
I have also found that using iNav to search these directories because it
becomes easier to sort by changed date, etc.
Clearing out old files in each domino partition's IBM_TECHNICAL_SUPPORT
directory under the server's data directory is a good start.
Then, /QIBM/UserData/OS400/MGTC/service. Purging these old Management
Central traces freed up 30% of my disk on one 705GB server! Others have
had similar occurrences. Wouldn't you like to free up three 70GB drives?
Especially right after you just talked the boss into buying a new raid
card and four new drives.
Then, if you are running Trend, go to your Domino workspace, right click
on the virus encyclopedia (smency.nsf). Select Database, Go to, All Docs.

Delete any Replication/Save conflicts.

After that, it's down to running
RTVDSKINF then PRTDSKINF *SYS.
and
RTVDIRINF and PRTDIRINF. Although these DIR combo's need a lot of work. I

have IBM redesigning them. Like, who gives a good GD about disk used in
QNTC, etc? Any why does PRTDIRINF take days to run on a 570 that is bored

and terribly underutilized. If you want an example of how NOT to do SQL
then run these programs under debug and see the nasty stuff they do in
sql. But other partitions run just fine.