If the concern is to have an unmodified version of their old data, I'm
guessing you probably will need to resort to a completely separate file.

But since that would only have what they didn't delete from their
pre-archived mail file, anyway, that's no guarantee that you would get the
information that might be desired.  Unless there is some other reason that
I'm not thinking (a fairly good likelihood), there's really not much
reason to lock down the archive, anyway.

Locking down copies of messages in a separate mail file as they come and
go makes more sense, if the concern is to have a record of e-mail sent and
received.  Not that I think that's an attractive task, either.

Patrick

rob@xxxxxxxxx
Sent by: domino400-bounces+ptrapp=nex-tech.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
03/23/2007 12:20 PM
Please respond to
Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: Rolling out archiving.

To me, the Tools-Archive-Archive looks good enough.  However the PHB is
hoping for something else.

I get into my archives on occasion, but I suspect many won't.  However we
have others that want to be assured that they will not be restricted from
rearranging their old folders to new organizational structures on a whim.
They didn't take to kindly to my suggestion that they do some productive
work other than rearranging obsolete email.

We tabled modifying the security at all on their archives for now.  At
some time I suspect that management will want to restrict any possible
editing or deleting of email while still giving them the capability of
rearranging their folders.  Currently this is outside the realm of the
Domino ACL.