I haven't worked with server-side archiving, so I have to ask -- can you
configure an archive profile that points to the location on the server? If
so, wouldn't it put a shortcut to the archive under the Tools - Archive in
the left-side navigator of the Inbox?

You might be able to create the archive profile via policies, but I
definitely wouldn't be any help there.  I just think I've seen those two
subjects discussed in connection with one another (policies and archiving,
that is).

For what it's worth, there it is.

Patrick

rob@xxxxxxxxx
Sent by: domino400-bounces+ptrapp=nex-tech.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
03/22/2007 01:39 PM
Please respond to
Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Rolling out archiving.

We plan on starting to archive everyone's email.  We kind of have it
working with a few selected individuals.  Now comes the planning for the
roll out stage.  As part of that we will have to send out an announcement
to that effect.  Now, my boss wasn't too keen on my sending out (as part
of the announcements):

If you want to see your archive then click on File, Database, Open.  For
the server name enter ARCHIVE1.  Press enter.  Then, in Database, scroll
down to the yellow "archive" folder, double click on it.  Find your
database, press enter or select Open.

He thinks the users won't be able to handle this (think "plant life").  He

is suggesting that someone write this handy utility that updates all
clients and puts a link to their archive on the toolbar off to the left.
There isn't anything obvious that I am overlooking, like Actions, Archive,

Open the bugger?

How'd y'all handle this?