We ended up not using the agents -- I created the view that showed what
calendar entries needed attention and told my users to let me know if they
wanted me to run "the agent" against their calendars.  For the handful
that replied, it was faster for them to just open and re-save their
entries.

The DST Calendar view was a lifesaver, however, in giving us an easy way
to have our users check their own DST settings.  We ended up manually
updating well over half of our workstations, so it was very helpful to be
able to tell someone to open their "DST Calendar" and create a reminder
and tell me what icon came back -- it also helped flag the ones where the
updates had been successfully applied, but Windows decided to go on a
European vacation (Sarajevo appears to have been very popular with our
machines.  None opted for Brisbane, as mentioned in a Technote I saw) or
to Latin America.

I'm thrilled to report that the iSeries and its resident Domino server
switched without a restart, although the logs look a little funky -- it's
like some processes changed times at different rates.  And one jumped to
4AM for about 15 seconds before changing to match the rest.

All in all, I hope this is done -- last week was the longest week I've had
in a long time.  Although I see our phone system is still an hour off --
not mine to worry about, I guess.

Hope you all have a good week ahead of you.

Patrick

ChadB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: domino400-bounces+ptrapp=nex-tech.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
03/12/2007 08:24 AM
Please respond to
Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: dst stuff on Domino

Walt,

      Are you aware of any issues with the way repeating
meetings/reminders
were handled with the fix agents for C&S?  We performed all the suggested
actions and ran the R&R and C&S agents and could see the agents fix the
times on the resource reservations and meeting times that we checked
before
and after. (We are at 6.5.4FP1).

What i'm seeing now is that users with repeating reminders in their
calendars are showing strange behavior.  The reminder times for the
extended periods (today through the beginning of April) had their times
shifted forward one hour during the extended period.  Here's an example:

Date  Reminder Time
3/8   2:00pm
3/9   2:00pm
3/12  3:00pm
thru
3/30  3:00pm
4/2   2:00pm
4/3   2:00pm

My guess is that somehow the agent did not process these correctly and it
looks like the actually start time was skewed an hour forward during the
extended periods.  The same behavior is seen for the extended period in
the
fall it looks like.  I'm seeing it on the 3 users with repeat reminders
that i've checked so far...

I've got a PMR opened up, but that queue is in callback mode.

             Walter Scanlan
             <wscanlan@xxxxxxx

             Sent by:                  Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400

             domino400-bounces         <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             +chadb=wheeling-n                                          cc

             isshin.com@midran         jendel@xxxxxxxxx, joanna@xxxxxxxxx,

             ge.com                    domino400-bounces+wscanlan=us.ibm.c

                                       om@xxxxxxxxxxxx,
                                       domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
             03/12/2007 08:47                                      Subject

             AM                        Re: dst stuff on Domino

             Please respond to
              Lotus Domino on
               the iSeries /
                   AS400
             <domino400@midran
                  ge.com>

I wrote DCF # 1253011  which explains this requirement.

Walter Scanlan
Senior Software Engineer
WPLC products for System i
507-286-6088
Cell: 507-990-4539
wscanlan@xxxxxxxxxx

"Quality is remembered long after price is forgotten"

rob@xxxxxxxxx
Sent by: domino400-bounces+wscanlan=us.ibm.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
03/12/2007 08:38 AM
Please respond to
Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

jendel@xxxxxxxxx, joanna@xxxxxxxxx
cc
domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
dst stuff on Domino

I have to add this line to all Domino Servers:
DSTLaw=3, 2, 1, 11, 1, 1

I did a test email from yahoo to me before, and after, adding it to:
GDISYS01, GDISYS02, INTERNOTES, INTERNOTES02 and it made the difference.
Testing was done via an external yahoo account.  Email sent before had the

wrong time.  Email sent after had the right time.
My fault.  IBM had this documented at
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=463&uid=swg21247972#Preparing%20Notes%20and%20Domino

This is the same site that had that client recommendation that I just told

you about.

I may be bouncing some additional servers...

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108