Here's a link to IBM KB document 1115244 that sounds like what you have
described:

Ken

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
written agreement or government initiative expressly permitting the use of
e-mail for such purpose.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Patrick Trapp" <ptrapp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: domino400-bounces+kgaskill=csc.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
09/18/2006 12:32 PM
Please respond to
Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: strange attachment problem

There is a known issue - can't lay my hands on the specifics right now -
that sounds very similar.  In that case, the problem is a locked file on
the sender's end.  Rebooting the sender's machine is the most common
solution we implement, but we have also shut down Notes and renamed
cache.ndk or shut down Notes and deleted the folder for Notes temporary
files as solutions, too.

For what it's worth, there you go.

Patrick

DNieswiadomy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: domino400-bounces+ptrapp=nex-tech.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
09/18/2006 07:54 AM
Please respond to
Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
strange attachment problem

Have a user (client is 6.5.2) receiving an email with a "picture" of an
attachment (just the icon), not the actual attachment.  This is going
through a Domino 7.0.1 on iSeries.

I checked the original email (in this particular case is was sent from
another user attached to the same server - that user is running 6.5.2
client as well) --- the email was 123,250 in length (and in message
tracker
as well) --- the email was 8,347 long in the inbox when forwarded to other
individuals.

This has happened occasionally to this receipient in the past - seems to
happen sporatically - and mostly happens with internet email.

Dale Nieswiadomy

Livingston County Information & Technology Services
(585) 243-7113

dnieswiadomy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx