I am getting a lot of
SMDupd: Unable to download components. Check server status or refer to
ScanMail Help > Troubleshooting section for details.
after upgrading to Trend 3.0.  If I run a
load smdupd -debug 3
I get a debug file that tells me that the file downloaded is corrupt.
Response is basically "situations" happen.  Suggested cleanup steps are:
1. Delete the /qibm/userdata/trend/smd/program/$Version/au_cache folder
2. Delete the /qibm/userdata/trend/smd/program/$Version/au_log folder.
3. Delete the /qibm/userdata/trend/smd/program/$Version/au_temp folder
4. Delete the /qibm/userdata/trend/smd/pattern/vsapi/lptvpn.xxx
5. Delete the new pattern file in the smency.nsf database
6. Change the pattern number in the smency.nsf to a lower pattern number
(i.e. 0.100.0)
7. Do a pattern update (load smdupd)

This usually works.

Trying to figure out why I am getting this.  I am concerned that, with
multiple Domino partitions on one lpar if multiple dpars are trying smdupd
at the same time.