(subject line added)

rob@xxxxxxxxx
Sent by: domino400-bounces+rob=dekko.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
09/01/2006 08:46 AM
Please respond to
Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject

Since upgrading to Trend 3.0, SOME, not all, servers are having an issue
with Update:
SMDupd: Unable to download components. Check server status or refer to
ScanMail Help > Troubleshooting section for details.

Don't know if it's related to a change I made to the notes.ini to
encourage a pattern update prior to starting the items that use the
pattern files.
Detail:  I changed this line from
ServerTasks=COLSRV400,HTTP,Replica,Router,Update,AMgr,Adminp,Sched,CalConn,DIIOP,SMDemf,SMDreal,SMDsch,SMDmon
ServerTasks=COLSRV400,SMDupd,HTTP,Replica,Router,Update,AMgr,Adminp,Sched,CalConn,DIIOP,SMDemf,SMDreal,SMDsch,SMDmon

I fear that this confused SMDreal, etc and perhaps corrupted pattern file
uploading.  On a few servers I had to bounce it a few times to get SMDreal

to load.

Until I find our further what is going on I don't recommend this change to

the notes.ini.  I bet that if you are going to try something like this
then it might require a technique to do the SMDupd, wait until it is done,

and then try loading the other SMD tasks and then maybe Router and
Replica.  I have a technote somewhere that I used for a LEI issue that
shows how to use a symbolic link to make a CL program or RPGLE program
available to a Domino task.  Then you could start that, wait until SMDupd
ends then fire up the rest.