What format is mail being stored in for those users using POP3?  IIRC
messages in Notes format are converted on the fly when accessed via IMAP
or POP3.  You could try changing the person docs for the selected users to
"Prefers MIME" and see if that resolves the problem.

MRoper@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: domino400-bounces+nwray=kirkland.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
08/10/2006 08:23 AM
Please respond to
Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
POP3

I was wondering if anyone could help with a problem we are experiencing
with our POP3.  Throughout the day, it is at least 75 %CPU utilization(see
below) and sometimes jumps up to 95+ %.  We have about 1000 normal email
users with about 125 blackberry users that use POP3.   At times, we do
experience mail routing issues because the SERVER job gets so little of
the
CPU%(because POP3 is eating it all up).  Any suggests would be
appreciated.

A few questions:
1. Has anyone run into this issue?
2. Is this ok?   Doesn't seem like it should be this high.
3. Is there some setting changes we could make to lower this?

Some stats ....

This server is relatively newer
810
8GB Memory
38% of DASD used out of 500GB

 Opt  Subsystem/Job  User        Type  CPU %  Function        Status
        POP3         QNOTES      BCI    75.3  PGM-POP3         SELW
        SERVER       QNOTES      BCI    15.4  PGM-SERVER       SELW
        EVENT        QNOTES      BCI     3.7  PGM-EVENT        RUN

confidential, may be attorney-client privileged, may
constitute inside information, and is intended only for
the use of the addressee.  It is the property of
Kirkland & Ellis LLP or Kirkland & Ellis International LLP.
Unauthorized use, disclosure or copying of this
communication or any part thereof is strictly prohibited
and may be unlawful.  If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately by
return e-mail or by e-mail to postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxx, and
destroy this communication and all copies thereof,
including all attachments.

--=_alternative 00520404862571C6_=

for those users using POP3? &nbsp;IIRC messages in Notes format are converted
on the fly when accessed via IMAP or POP3. &nbsp;You could try changing
the person docs for the selected users to &quot;Prefers MIME&quot; and
see if that resolves the problem.</font>
domino400-bounces+nwray=kirkland.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx</font>
Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400
/ AS400 &lt;domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx&gt;</font>
we are experiencing<br>
with our POP3. &nbsp;Throughout the day, it is at least 75 %CPU
utilization(see<br>
below) and sometimes jumps up to 95+ %. &nbsp;We have about 1000 normal
email<br>
users with about 125 blackberry users that use POP3. &nbsp; At times, we
do<br>
experience mail routing issues because the SERVER job gets so little of
the<br>
CPU%(because POP3 is eating it all up). &nbsp;Any suggests would be
appreciated.<br>
A few questions:<br>
1. Has anyone run into this issue?<br>
2. Is this ok? &nbsp; Doesn't seem like it should be this high.<br>
3. Is there some setting changes we could make to lower this?<br>
Some stats ....<br>
This server is relatively newer<br>
810<br>
8GB Memory<br>
38% of DASD used out of 500GB<br>
 Opt &nbsp;Subsystem/Job &nbsp;User &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Type &nbsp;CPU
% &nbsp;Function &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Status<br>
 &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;POP3 &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; QNOTES &nbsp;
&nbsp; &nbsp;BCI &nbsp; &nbsp;75.3 &nbsp;PGM-POP3 &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;
&nbsp; SELW<br>
 &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;SERVER &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; QNOTES &nbsp; &nbsp;
&nbsp;BCI &nbsp; &nbsp;15.4 &nbsp;PGM-SERVER &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; SELW<br>
 &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;EVENT &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;QNOTES &nbsp;
&nbsp; &nbsp;BCI &nbsp; &nbsp; 3.7 &nbsp;PGM-EVENT &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;
&nbsp;RUN<br>
Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives<br>
at http://archive.midrange.com/domino400.<br>
***********************************************************<br>
The information contained in this communication is <br>
confidential, may be attorney-client privileged, may <br>
constitute inside information, and is intended only for <br>
the use of the addressee.  It is the property of <br>
Kirkland & Ellis LLP or Kirkland & Ellis International LLP. <br>
Unauthorized use, disclosure or copying of this <br>
communication or any part thereof is strictly prohibited <br>
and may be unlawful.  If you have received this <br>
communication in error, please notify us immediately by <br>
return e-mail or by e-mail to postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxx, and <br>
destroy this communication and all copies thereof, <br>
including all attachments.<br>