Ok... another question comes to mind here as I dig further into this:

In order to support the BlackBerry Enterprise Server for Domino and the
Windows Domino server that resides on that same box, which license will I
need for that Windows Domino server?  Enterprise, Messaging, or Utility?

             ChadB@wheeling-ni
             sshin.com
             domino400-bounces         Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400
             +chadb=wheeling-n         <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             isshin.com@midran                                          cc
             ge.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: BlackBerry and Enterprise
             04/21/2006 01:15          Server for Domino
             PM

             Please respond to
              Lotus Domino on
               the iSeries /
                   AS400
             <domino400@midran
                  ge.com>

Thanks to you and Chris for the quick responses... i'll check into this.
We're hoping for the thinnest solution which will support mail/PIM info to
the BlackBerries.

             RMolnar@xxxxxxxxx
             om
             domino400-bounces         Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400
             +chadb=wheeling-n         <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             isshin.com@midran                                          cc
             ge.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: BlackBerry and Enterprise
             04/21/2006 12:50          Server for Domino
             PM

             Please respond to
              Lotus Domino on
               the iSeries /
                   AS400
             <domino400@midran
                  ge.com>

If you are not too far along with implementing BES you may want to consider
another alternative, especially if:

- you have to get started fast with a few BlackBerries
- are mostly interested in e-mail synchronization with Domino/Notes and not
so much in custom databases
- have some reluctance to add or integrate Windows servers alongside your
solid iSeries Domino environment

For our 6 BlackBerries (so far) we are using Martin Scott's Wireless Mail
for Domino.  See:  http://www.martinscott.com/WirelessMail

It is just a Notes agent and they offer it as a free trial download.  This
makes it quick to evaluate it with any BlackBerry device that you may
already have.

             ChadB@wheeling-ni
             sshin.com
             domino400-bounces         Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400
             +rmolnar=nevchem.         <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             com@xxxxxxxxxxxx                                           cc

                                                                   Subject
             04/21/2006 10:42          BlackBerry and Enterprise Server
             AM                        for Domino

             Please respond to
              Lotus Domino on
               the iSeries /
                   AS400
             <domino400@midran
                  ge.com>

It looks like we're going to be implementing a small rollout of a few
BlackBerrys (5 or so) and Enterprise Server for Domino in the very near
future, so i'm out reading documents at their website and finding TONS of
stuff to wade through.  I'm heading to DC next Wednesday for a one day
class on the server software, but want to spend a few days reading also
before I go.

One thing i'm reading is leading me to believe that the server where i'm
going to install the BlackBerry Enterprise Server for Domino also needs to
have a Domino server (Windows based) installed on it?  Is that true?  I'm
hoping that i'm misreading that piece and that I can just point the BES to
our iSeries Domino server.

Can anyone shed any light on this specific?  Any other comments or advice
on BES and iSeries Domino would be appreciated also... just scratching the
surface here at this point.

Disclaimer - This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential
and may contain privileged information.  It is intended solely for the use
of the individual to whom it is addressed and others authorized to receive
it.  If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy, distribute or
use this e-mail or the information contained in it for any purpose other
than to notify us.  If you have received this message in error, please
notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this e-mail from
your system.

Scanned by IBM Email Security Management Services powered by MessageLabs.
For more information please visit http://www.ers.ibm.com

ForwardSourceID:NT00043D5E