You didn't mention support, so I wasn't going to assume they were involved
yet.  I had a client-side issue that the list was tired of hearing about
after three months of time with tech support, so I know where you are
coming from.

Regarding the hosts table, assuming you have access to a profile with
sufficient access (I'm not guru enough to tell you what access is actually
necessary, but I use the QSECOFR profile to get the job done), type CFGTCP
on the command line and go to option 10.

On our server, I have the full hostname (mail.myserver.com) as well as the
Domino server name (DominoServer/DominoDomain) listed.  The Domino server
name being removed is what caused the problems I alluded to earlier.

Hope that helps,
Patrick

Jose Del Risco <JDelRisco@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: domino400-bounces+ptrapp=nex-tech.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
04/27/2006 10:10 AM
Please respond to
Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: Server Crashes running 7.0.1 on iSeries

Patrick,

I have been on the phone with IBM support for 3 days with no progress
other
then for them to tell me they have escalated it to Development for further
investigation.  Since they have been no help, I figured that I would ask
the people who actually do this for a living from day to day.  I will turn
up the level of detail in my log to see if I find anything else.  I am new
to administration of Domino servers on an iSeries.  Where would I check to
see if I have the server listed in its own host table?

Thanks for all the help,
Jose del Risco
Oshkosh Truck

             "Patrick Trapp"
             <ptrapp@nex-tech.

             Sent by:                  Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400

             domino400-bounces         <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             +jdelrisco=oshtru                                          cc

             ck.com@xxxxxxxxxx
             om                                                    Subject

                                       Re: Server Crashes running 7.0.1 on

                                       iSeries
             04/27/2006 10:04
             AM

             Please respond to
              Lotus Domino on
               the iSeries /
                   AS400
             <domino400@midran
                  ge.com>

You might get more information by turning up the level of detail on your
logs, if you haven't already.  I would guess that there is a configuration
error somewhere, but am not sure where.  I find it interesting that your
server is showing "server not responding" errors as opposed to just your
clients -- do you have the server listed in its own hosts table?  I
mistakenly cleaned out an entry from my hosts table a while back and broke
all sorts of things...

As irritating as this issue sounds, I probably would be on the phone with
IBM tech support by now...

Patrick

Jose Del Risco <JDelRisco@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: domino400-bounces+ptrapp=nex-tech.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
04/27/2006 09:38 AM
Please respond to
Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Server Crashes running 7.0.1 on iSeries

Hello All,

We recently migrated a Windows based server to our new iSeries.  Every
user
on this server are web mail users.  We have no full clients accessing this
server.  Now that we have moved to the new platform, the server will not
go
longer then 3 hours and sometimes only 15 minutes, without ending
abnormally.  The server will restart right away but this is a big problem.
As I go through the log, the only errors that I notice are seemingly
random
messages that say "The server is not responding.  The server may be down
or
you may be experiencing network problems.  Contact your system
administrator".  I say seemingly random because I have tied the appearnace
of this message on the console to attempts at scheduleing a meeting or
resource in the RnR database.  The user gets the same error message on
their screen.  I am unsure as to if this is a contributing factor in the
server crashes but it is the only error message in the logs that I cant
fix.  The server crashes on the same HTTP task with the same MEMLOCK error
everytime.  Anyone have any clues?

Thanks,
Jose del Risco
Oshkosh Truck Corporation

Although this e-mail and any attachments are believed to be free of any
virus or other defect which might affect any computer system, it is the
responsibility of the recipient to check that it is virus-free and the
sender accepts no responsibility or liability for any loss, injury,
damage, cost or expense arising in any way from receipt or use thereof by
the recipient.

The information contained in this electronic mail message is confidential
information and intended only for the use of the individual or entity
named above, and may be privileged.  If the reader of this message is not
distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If
you have received this transmission in error, please  contact the sender
immediately, delete this material from your computer and destroy all
related paper media.  Please note that the documents transmitted are not
intended to be binding until a hard copy has been manually signed by all
parties.
Thank you.