You said he can ping the server.  Is that by name or IP address?  Do you
have connection documents for the server in question or do you rely on
DNS?  Can you run a trace to the server and see at what point the
connection failure is occurring?

Just some thoughts...

Sent by:
02/21/2006 08:52 AM
Please respond to
Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Admin client requests routed through another server?

I've implemented a new server and I have one 'administrator' who is having
problems accessing the server from his desktop.  I can access the server
from my Notes client and the Admin client without a problem.  However,
administrator - who is actually my boss cannot access the server from both
the client and the admin client.  He gets the message 'unknown tcp/ip
host'.  He can bing the server, he can access it via the browser but
access it from the client or admin client.  Strangely enough, when he
attempts to access it from the admin client he will get the message that
is trying to access it from our registration server....

Any ideas....the little $#@%^$ is going to drive me nuts.....

Michael Crump
Manager, Computing Services
Saint-Gobain Containers
1509 S. Macedonia Ave.
Muncie, IN  47302
(765)741-7012 f

"The probability that we may fail in the struggle ought not to deter us
from the support of a cause we believe to be just"  Abraham Lincoln

This is the Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 (Domino400) mailing list
or email: Domino400-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx