Don't believe it's related to your enabling the policy, but I've seen
stranger things!!

See Technote    1088574

Problem Your Domino server has crashed, but prior to the crash you noticed
that the Update task was eating up the CPU resources. Several thousand
files of the following type appeared in the Notes Data directory:
s0----.DTF
idbc--.TMP

What are these files and how can they be removed?   Solution DTF files are
temporary files that are created by Notes in a temporary directory
specified by the system's environment variable. The format is S0-S9 or
IDB, followed by a unique five-digit number. These files are normally
purged from the system automatically. Notes places these files in the
working directory if there is no TEMP or TMP directory specified. Files
placed in the working directory are not purged.

Every time the Update task runs it creates view files in the Data
directory that start with the letter "S" and have a DTF extension (these
files can also be created in the NOTES.INI-specified View_Rebuild_Dir
directory). When the Update task ends, all the files should be purged
automatically. If the files are not removed, it is likely that the Update
task never ended (the server crashed while Update was being run because
the server was running out of disk space, for example).

TMP files are generated by mail debuggers in the Notes.INI, for example,
SaveImportErrors, SaveExportErrors.

To remove the files, first display them by typing the following:
- dsplnk '/notes/data/*.dtf' and dsplnk '/notes/data/*.tmp

and make sure that all the files with that extension are displayed. Then
remove the files by typing the following:
- RMVLNK '/NOTES/DATA/*.DTF , and RMVLNK '/NOTES/DATA/*.TMP.

Important Note: It is preferable to stop the Domino Server before removing
the files. Otherwise, it may cause database corruption and other
unexpected results.

Chris Whisonant
Comporium
Senior Mid-Range Systems Administrator
IBM eServer Certified Systems Expert - iSeries Technical Solutions V5R2
IBM Certified System Administrator - Lotus Notes and Domino 6/6.5
IBM Certified Associate Developer - Lotus Notes and Domino 6/6.5
803.326.7270 | 803.326.6142 fax
http://cwhisonant.blogspot.com/

domino400-bounces+chris.whisonant=comporium.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on
02/02/2006 03:58:39 PM: