Updates strategy depends on if you install from the AS/400 or from a local
(LAN or CD) source.
If you install from the AS400/iSeries/i5, it may have the most recent
PTFs, depending on how recently you updated your AS/400 through the normal
PTF process.

If you installed from the CD or a LAN image, you can just run the
SI20055.EXE to update.
During installation if will ask you if you want to keep the files for
re-use later. You can copy those to a LAN and point the Source Directory
on the Service tab of iSeries Access for Windows Properties to that
location and it will look there in the future for updates.Just keep the
directory name the same.  If you installed from the AS/400, that location
will point to the IFS via  share. You can keep it that way or change it if
you don't apply PTS on the system that often. The auto update still might
need administrative rights on the PC to install, I know that was a problem
for some people.

If you installed from a LAN, you can use the "Tailored" to update the
files on the LAN (that you copied from the CD or from the IFS) so that all
new installations will be at this PTF level.

Subcomps or "Subcomponents" can be used to make a smaller distribution. If
you have to update clients on slow links, it might be useful to just send
them the PTFs for the components they have installed.  For example, if you
just have the emulator installed, you could distribute "Base.exe" and
"PC5250.exe" for total of 16MB instead of the whole package at over 70MB.

The JRE is new to me, but it looks like you should install this if you use
the iSeries Navigator.

All this is pretty well spelled out in the txt files at
http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/access/casp.html

Tom Kreimer
Information Alternatives

I assume SI20055 is the most recent?

Is it just installing SI20055.exe or should I also install all the files
in
the jre, subcoms and tailored folders?

Thanks again,
Eric