The disk isolation recommendation is not required for iSeries.
Single Level Storage.....

Walter Scanlan
Senior Software Engineer
Domino & Workplace for iSeries
507-286-6088
wscanlan@xxxxxxxxxx

Chris Whisonant <Chris.Whisonant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: domino400-bounces+wscanlan=us.ibm.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
10/19/2005 12:59 PM
Please respond to
Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400

Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: Shared Mail

IBM usually recommends that transaction logging be set up in its own disk
array with RAID in order to help with performance. I just saw Walter's I/O

information come through, so it sounds like there really shouldn't be a
performance hit - only added storage. It all depends on how many disk arms

you currently have and how much they're currently being utilized.

Chris Whisonant
Comporium
Senior Mid-Range Systems Administrator
IBM eServer Certified Systems Expert - iSeries Technical Solutions V5R2
IBM Certified System Administrator - Lotus Notes and Domino 6/6.5
803.326.7270 | 803.326.6142 fax
http://cwhisonant.blogspot.com/

domino400-bounces+chris.whisonant=comporium.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on
10/19/2005 01:51:10 PM:

> Walter,
>
> So I just setup transaction logging with for the most part the defaults,
> will that do? or should I change something based on your experiences? As
> far as that what else should I look for? Is there going to be a big
> administration overhead involved?
>
> Thanks,
> Scott Reece
> System Administrator
> City of Bend
> sreece@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Office - 541-388-4426
>

> "Once you say you're going to settle for second, that's what happens to
you
> in life. "  --JFK
>

>              Walter Scanlan
>              <wscanlan@xxxxxxx
>              com> To
>              Sent by:                  Lotus Domino on the iSeries /
AS400