But Robert asked another good question:  What Domino related products will
not work on iSeries and how do you handle that?  His concern was with
Blackberry devices.

Actually there are some products that work only on the iSeries and not on
other platforms - Domino Fax for iSeries being one.  The old Lotus Fax for
Notes that ran on other platforms has been dropped.  However Domino Fax
for iSeries does require an additional wintel Domino client to handle
outbound conversions.  For example, if you send an email to someone's fax
machine and you need it to convert that Excel attachment to part of the
fax and not just an attachment icon - that's where the 'conversion
service' steps in.

Sametime (or whatever it's nom du jour is) requires an additional wintel
Domino client to handle 'Sametime Conversion Services'.  This basically
allows you to have attachments displayed and modified in the whiteboard in
a meeting room.  Keep in mind, that sametime is so much more than simple
chat.  It's web based meeting is quite impressive.

There is a Domino, (or is it only Sametime?), product that's called
'Everyplace'.  I believe that this is what is required to access sametime
and Notes from my Treo 600.  Again, runs on a Wintel platform.  Domino
server based.

There's a product called Domino Unity Connection Services, or DUCS for
short.  That too, is limited to non iSeries platforms (for now).  We use
this for a Cisco solution to integrate our Notes with our phone system.
Check email from your phone.  Check voice mail from your Notes.  That sort
of rot.  Although my boss has had some face-to-face time with Mark Shearer
and some mucky mucks from Cisco to try to get DUCS working on iSeries.

Out of all of the above, only one of our Domino servers is not iSeries
based.  And that's the Everyplace server.