Chad - I never use the incremental installers. I may get bitten on it in
the future, but I've done all upgrades from 6.0 to where I am now (601,
602, 602CF1, 650, 651, 651CF1?, 652, 652, 653, 654, 654FP1) and I have
never ran into any issues using the full installers everytime. I usually
download and install it before my BP sends me the CD!

Plan sounds good - you're way too cautious for me. =) I generally just do
an ENDDOMSVR on the clusters and upgrade them!! Then after they've been
stable for a while I will do my primary.

Gregg - thanks again. You're the blackberry guy! I hope to think that I'm
helping some people out... I actually submitted an abstract for LS 06 on
"Domino for iSeries Administration" - the session I went to last year
seemed to be more of a sales pitch by an IBM internal salesperson. It was
good, but it was the only iSeries session I saw! I'm working on a
presentation right now just in case. It will be helpful for the rest of my
staff too, so it's something I need to do anyway.

Chris Whisonant
Comporium
Senior Mid-Range Systems Administrator
IBM eServer Certified Systems Expert - iSeries Technical Solutions V5R2
IBM Certified System Administrator - Lotus Notes and Domino 6/6.5
803.326.7270 | 803.326.6142 fax
http://cwhisonant.blogspot.com/

domino400-bounces+chris.whisonant=comporium.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on
08/29/2005 03:59:05 PM:

> Checked out the blog entry just now.  I'm reading something on the IBM
site
> about an incremental installer... will that do me any good?  Or do I
just
> stick with a CD based install and then the fixpack?
>
> Our very tentative plan is to get users off, shutdown the backup
oriented
> server (is normally restricted to user access), remove the main server
from
> the cluster, upgrade the main server, bring the main server up for some
> testing, add the server back into the cluster, restrict the main server,
> remove the backup server from the cluster, upgrade the backup server,
bring
> the backup server up for some testing, add the backup server back into
the
> cluster.  Sound like a plan? ;)  Like I said... it's the very beginning
> stage of planning and very, very tentative.  This will be the first
upgrade
> for us with the cluster in place.
>

>              Chris Whisonant
>              <Chris.Whisonant@
>              comporium.com> To
>              Sent by:                  Lotus Domino on the iSeries /
AS400
>              domino400-bounces         <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>              +chadb=wheeling-n cc
>              isshin.com@midran
>              ge.com Subject
>                                        Re: 6.5.1 to 6.5.4
>
>              08/29/2005 03:23
>              PM
>

>              Please respond to
>               Lotus Domino on
>                the iSeries /
>                    AS400
>              <domino400@midran
>                   ge.com>
>

> Chad, you should be able to do a straight upgrade from 6.5.1 to 6.5.4.
> Remember, you will also want to obtain the 6.5.4 FP1 software too. Lotus
> recommends that you do this - it's fixed mail server issues I've had.
>
> Gregg, Here's a better way to find it - didn't realize I had so much
stuff
> out there on 6.5.4! =) Thanks!
>
> http://www.google.com/search?q=6.5.4
> &ie=UTF-8&sitesearch=cwhisonant.blogspot.com&x=0&y=0
>
> Chris Whisonant
> Comporium
> Senior Mid-Range Systems Administrator
> IBM eServer Certified Systems Expert - iSeries Technical Solutions V5R2
> IBM Certified System Administrator - Lotus Notes and Domino 6/6.5
> 803.326.7270 | 803.326.6142 fax
> http://cwhisonant.blogspot.com/
>
> domino400-bounces+chris.whisonant=comporium.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on
> 08/29/2005 02:57:20 PM:
>

> > Check out Chris' blog entry for April 9 here:
> >
> > http://cwhisonant.blogspot.com/2005_04_01_cwhisonant_archive.html
> >
> > I think that he has posted some good stuff for you.
> >
> > Gregg

> > at http://archive.midrange.com/domino400.

> at http://archive.midrange.com/domino400.

> Scanned by IBM Email Security Management Services powered by
MessageLabs.