In addition to the TOCCSID(*STDASCII) specify DTAFMT(*TEXT), Binary is the
default and could be causing your problems.

>The next question is, is there a way to force the Domino web logs to save
>in ASCII on the IFS ?

No.

Thanks,

Travis Retzlaff
Application Integration Consultant
Computech Resources, Inc.
1375 W. Main Avenue
De Pere, WI 54115
Web:  http://www.compures.com
Phone:  920-336-1387 Ext. 227
Fax:  920-336-7728
e-Mail: tretzlaff@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Robert Laing <rlaing@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: domino400-bounces+tretzlaff=compures.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
06/21/2005 03:03 PM
Please respond to
Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Fax to

Subject
Re: Domino web server logs and CCSID

Does anyone else analyse their weblogs using some PC based tool ?  If so,
how are you doing it ???

             Chris Whisonant
             <Chris.Whisonant@
             comporium.com>                                             To

             Sent by:                  Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400

             domino400-bounces         <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             +rlaing=gemko.com                                          cc

             @midrange.com
                                                                   Subject

                                       Re: Domino web server logs and
             06/21/2005 04:01          CCSID
             PM

             Please respond to
              Lotus Domino on
               the iSeries /
                   AS400
             <domino400@midran
                  ge.com>

I'm no authority on that - I would think that it's just going to be EBCDIC
since that's how the system would be writing to and creating the files.

Anyone else?

Chris Whisonant
Comporium
Senior Mid-Range Systems Administrator
IBM eServer Certified Systems Expert - iSeries Technical Solutions V5R2
IBM Certified System Administrator - Lotus Notes and Domino 6/6.5
803.326.7270 | 803.326.6142 fax
http://cwhisonant.blogspot.com/

domino400-bounces+chris.whisonant=comporium.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on
06/21/2005 03:58:42 PM: