     To: Lotus Domino on the iSeries / = AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
     From: "Patrick Trapp" <ptrapp@ne= x-tech.com>
     Sent by: domino400-bounces+tkreimer=infoalt.com@midrang= e.com
     Date: 05/16/2005 01:15PM
     Subject: Re: Server constantly updatin= g views

     Do you have = so many databases that it's time to start the cycle again
     before or shor= tly after it finishes the previous cycle?

     Patrick

     &nb= sp;                     &= nbsp;                               &nbs=
p;
               &nbsp= ; Tom Kreimer                 &nbsp= ;
         &nb= sp;
             &nbs= p;   <TKREIMER@INFOALT
               &= nbsp; .com>                 &nbs= p;
     &n= bsp;              To
         &= nbsp;       Sent by:           &nbs= p;
      domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx         &= nbsp;
                 domino400-= bounces                   &nbs= p;
           &n= bsp;cc
                 +ptrapp=nex-tech. &n= bsp;
&nbsp= ;
                 com@xxxxxxxxxxxx   &nb= sp;                     &= nbsp;
            Subject
         &n= bsp;                     =             Server constantly
     updating views                      &n= bsp;
&nbsp= ;
          =       05/16/2005 11:36           &= nbsp;
           &= nbsp;     AM               &nb= sp;                     &
nbsp;                                           &= nbsp;
 &nbs= p;
           &nbsp= ;                     &nb= sp;                     &= nbsp;
                                         Please respond to &nb= sp;
        &= nbsp;
                                      Lotus Domino on  =
&nbs= p;
             &n= bsp;
                   the iSeries / &nbs= p;                     &n= bsp;
                                          A= S400
&nbsp= ;
                = <DOMINO400@MIDRAN
                 &nb= sp;    ge.com>             &nbsp= ;
     &nb= sp;
         &nbsp= ;                     &nb= sp;                     &= nbsp;
                                           =                     &nbsp= ;
              &nb     sp;

     &n= bsp; I've noticed what I think is odd behavior on one particular 6.
       = 5.1
     /V5R2 server that I've not seen on other AS/400 or NT servers. I= = t
       seems that this server constantly goes from one DB to the next,
updat=
     ing
       the views if they are needed or not.

     &nbs= p; Updating views in mail/dth.nsf
       Finished updating views in mail= /dth.nsf

       We added the notes.ini line "UPDATE_IDLE_TIME== 15" but= now
     the server
       just waits 15 seconds before going on t= o the next datab= ase.

       I don't think it is affecting perfor= mance too badly, but it updates
     morning noon and night, non-stop. Any id= eas as to what or why this m
     ight
     happen? It has nothing to do wi= th Full Text indexes; it updates al=
     This is the Lotus= Domino on the iSeries / AS400 (Domino400) mailing
     list
     To post a messag= e email: Domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
     To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change lis= t options,
     visit: http://lists.midrange.com/mailman/listinfo/domi= no400
     Before posting, pl= ease take a moment to review the archives
     at http://archive.midrange.com/domino4= 00.