I think I get it now. Outbound mail, by virtue of the configuration, would
be routed through the default gateway. Correct?

Thanks,

Mark

Mark D. Walter
Senior Programmer/Analyst
CCX, Inc.
mwalter@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.ccxinc.com

             rob@xxxxxxxxx
             Sent by:
             domino400-bounces                                          To
             +mwalter=hanoverw         Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400
             ire.com@midrange.         <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             com                                                        cc

                                                                   Subject
             02/03/2005 12:32          Re: Spam Filter Appliance
             PM

             Please respond to
              Lotus Domino on
               the iSeries /
                   AS400
             <domino400@midran
                  ge.com>

I don't see any point to routing your outbound mail through the appliance.

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

MWalter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: domino400-bounces+rob=dekko.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
02/03/2005 12:25 PM
Please respond to
Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: Spam Filter Appliance

How are you DNS MX records configured. Do you use the firewall to port
your
outside IP (MX Record) to the Barracuda, then use the Barracuda to forward
those messages to the SMTP server. How do outbound documents get back to
the internet? Just through the gateway?

Thanks,

Mark

Mark D. Walter
Senior Programmer/Analyst
CCX, Inc.
mwalter@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.ccxinc.com

             Rich.Frye@xxxxxxx
             om

             domino400-bounces         Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400

             +mwalter=hanoverw         <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             ire.com@midrange.                                          cc

             com
                                                                   Subject

                                       Re: Spam Filter Appliance
             02/03/2005 12:12
             PM

             Please respond to
              Lotus Domino on
               the iSeries /
                   AS400
             <domino400@midran
                  ge.com>

Greetings,

We are also using Barracuda.  We have several customers running it also.
Out outbound SMTP server is our Domino server.  Inbound mail is directed
to our same Domino server.

We use a firewall to block all inbound traffic directed towards our Domino
server, lowering the risk of Domino server.  Only the Barracuda is allowed
to connect to the Domino server over port 25.

Does this help?

Richard A. Frye
Software Consulting Hardware, Inc.
(877) 936-9829 (Office)
(513) 936-0128 (Fax)
Rich.Frye@xxxxxxxxx
IBM Certified System Administrator - Lotus Notes and Domino 6/6.5

MWalter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: domino400-bounces+rich.frye=sch-i.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
02/03/2005 12:10 PM
Please respond to
Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Spam Filter Appliance

Hello all,

I have a configuration question. We have just received an evaluation
version of the Barracuda Spam Filter appliance. Here is my config. We have
2 domino servers. One is a Notes server to which our users connect, and
one
is a SMTP server for routing incoming and outgoing mail. The filter
appliance works by assigning it the ip address of your incoming mail
server, and it in turn will route mail to your actual server. The problem
is that it will not route outgoing mail. What are my options here? Send
outgoing mail directly to the internet from our Notes server? Set up
another server for outbound traffic only? Any other options?

Thanks,

Mark

Mark D. Walter
Senior Programmer/Analyst