Sorry to hear you seem to be "exchanging" Domino...

We get those rumblings from time to time here, but we generally get
through them with some tweaks here and there.

Ask for a product roadmap for the server to which you will be switching.
M$ doesn't update their product too often. Since 2002 we've had ND6,
ND6.5, and soon ND7 with talks of ND8 and 9. Since 2002 M$ has had
Exchange 2003 and will release something in 2006.

Have you spoken with Ed Brill about this move? He's a Lotus employee who
works with companies to stay on Lotus products.

http://www.edbrill.com/ebrill/edbrill.nsf/dx/about.htm

See also with their corresponding links:

http://www.edbrill.com/ebrill/edbrill.nsf/dx/ibm.comlotus-ken-bisconti-interview

http://www.edbrill.com/ebrill/edbrill.nsf/dx/searchexchange-microsoft-rules-out-new-exchange-store

Chris Whisonant
Comporium
Senior Mid-Range Systems Administrator
IBM eServer Certified Systems Expert - iSeries Technical Solutions V5R2
IBM Certified Associate System Administrator - Lotus Notes and Domino 6
803.326.7270 | 803.326.6142 fax

domino400-bounces+chris.whisonant=comporium.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on
01/14/2005 11:48:28 AM:

> Rob,
>
> Yes it is and I wonder why people think I am bipolar......
>
> The web access is a good thing but I worry that it will be hard to cover
> all functions in a manual way.  That was why I was thinking of some sort
of
> code analyzer...
>
> There is a fee but we do own some licensing on the Domino Utility Server
so
> that we can serve applications to our overseas counterparts.  My boss is
> knee deep in that so I stay away from it.  Ignorance is actually very
> blissful......
>
> In our situation about 80% of Saint-Gobain world wide uses this other
> platform.  There are planning on consolidating different email servers
> one per country.  And they have already inked a world wide maintenance
> contract for which we pay a good portion of.  It does cover other
products.
> But this is why we want to look at eliminating the Notes client.  We can
> save some money and reduce some complexities.
>
> I'm sure you will hear my sarcasm more as this moves along....for
example
> as part of the change since they can't justify the network bandwidth nor
do
> they want to buy a large enough server there will be changing our
> attachment limit from 5 MB down to 1MB with rumblings that they want to
> eliminate all attachements......I wonder if they liked that iSeries
> Notesbench mark I forwarded to them.....
>

>              rob@xxxxxxxxx

>              AM                        Lotus Domino on the iSeries /
AS400