Rich,

Glad to be of help for once.

Roger

On 12/15/2004 6:59 AM, Rich.Frye@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Roger,
I appreciate the update and will take your advice on a static Web page. Hope you have a great holiday.

"Roger Vicker, CCP" <rv-lists@xxxxxxxxxx> Sent by: domino400-bounces+rich.frye=sch-i.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
12/14/2004 10:13 PM
Please respond to
Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

To Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx> cc

Subject
Re: Hiding Lotus Domino Behind Apache Server

Rich,

With the Domino plugin in Apache any request for "Welcome" page (http://mydomain.com) will get the Apache served pages.

Only requests that the plugin recognizes as being for Domino (I think it must have a .nsf as in http://mydomain.com/xyz.nsf) will be requested from the Domino port and forwarded out as the response.

That is, Apache doesn't redirect, so you don't need to open the Domino port on your firewall. It just repeats the request to Domino and repeats the answer it gets to the client. Therefore, the only change your ISP would have to make is if the Apache is at a different IP address than the old one.

I think you will have to setup your homepage as a static page in Apache and have Domino pages as a link from there. I don't think you can have the "Welcome" page come from Domino via Apache unless something can be done with server side includes or something else special about the "Welcome" page that Apache serves.

A request that ends in "/", which just going to the domain implicitly does, has Apache look for files in the "document root" that match the files listed on the "Welcome Page" tab. If the URL looks more like a path with more "/"s then it uses them as sub folders in "document root" and looks for the same files. If "document root" = /www/server1 and "Welcome Page" = index.html then http://yourdomain.com/abc/xyz will look for /www/server1/abc/xyz/index.html

Now you can use other Apache directives to point URL paths to entirely different IFS folders, but that is for advanced Apache which I haven't really reached yet.

Roger