You mentioned you loaded a new CUM PTF, are you current on the group PTF's
as well ???

Bob

AYarrington@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: domino400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
09/20/2004 02:42 PM
Please respond to
Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
problem with Domino 6.5.2 on ISeries model 810 V5R2

   Here's the situation in a nutshell......we recently (as in less than 6
   months ago) 'upgraded' from a model 820 to 810, and from V5R1 to V5R2
from
   the old box to the new.  We are now using Domino 6.5.2.  Ever since
moving
   to the 810, we've had problems with Domino sucking up system resources
and
   bogging the machine down, even sometimes to the point of needing to IPL
   (although, for a time, we had a problem with our UPS and that may have
   solely caused the IPL problems).  Anyway, when it has been bogging
down,
   we'll see cpu utilization fly up to near 100% and everything comes to a
   grinding sloth.  We decided to move Domino into its own memory pool,
which
   has helped contain the problem away from stopping other operations, but
   the problem persists.  Our Domino pool size is 1400 (we have 2 Gig
total),
   and the non-DB fault and pages always hover over 150, but jump to 5 or
600
   when the thing bogs down.   We generally have the max active set to
around
   300, but spike it up to 600 or so when Domino starts misbehaving and it
   seems to usually resume processing.  I found a post elsewhere about
domino
   on iseries leaving a bunch of junk files in 'Application
   Development'->"Interprocess Communication"->Kernel Message Queues,
   Semaphore Sets, and Shared Memory, all belonging to QNotes, and we do
have
   a large number of files in those areas belonging to QNotes.  But, I can
go
   through and delete them, even without bouncing the Domino server, save
for
   the ones dated with the current date, etc.

   Does anyone have any suggestions as to where we can go with this?  I
   hesitate to think we just need more memory - the old 820 only had 1 Gig
of
   ram, whereas we have 2 Gig now, and things ran fine on the 820.  I also
   recently ran a cumulative ptf on V5R2 in case it had some problem that
had
   been recognized and dealt with, but I didn't see any improvement. Also,
   looked for a group ptf for Domino 6.5 on V5R2 and didn't see one on
IBM's
   site.....

   Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

   Al Yarrington
   I.T. Administrator/Analyst
   Universal Map