For the archives...

Opened up server's address book
Server
  Configurations
Should have one called '* - [All Servers]'  If not, create a
configuration.  Check "Use these settings as the default settings for all
servers:".  LDAP tab will appear.  Select attribute types button.  Object
class = *.  Display Attributes button.  Select SametimeServer.

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

|-----------------------------+-------------------------------------------|
|   rob@xxxxxxxxx             |                                           |
|   Sent by:                  |                                           |
|   domino400-bounces@midrange|                                         To|
|   .com                      |                                domino400@m|
|                             |                                idrange.com|
|   08/06/2004 08:55 AM       |                                         cc|
|                             |                                           |
|         Please respond to   |                                     Fax to|
|        Lotus Domino on the  |                                           |
|          iSeries / AS400    |                                    Subject|
|      <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx|                                Adding     |
|                 >           |                                field      |
|                             |                                SametimeSer|
|                             |                                ver to LDAP|
|                             |                                           |
|                             |                                           |
|                             |                                           |
|                             |                                           |
|                             |                                           |
|                             |                                           |
|-----------------------------+-------------------------------------------|

We are using Domino as our LDAP server.  It uses a couple of
databases:  the domino directory and a clone of our domino directory that
has our business partners in it.  Both of these databases have a field in
the person document called SametimeServer.

In the process of extending Sametime to the internet for our business
partners, it says our ldap has to serve this field.  Now, when I use
LDAPSEARCH to extract people out of the ldap server that's one field I fail
to locate.

How do we modify the ldap service from Domino to serve this field?

I did a little searching and found some technotes:
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=203&uid=swg21142028
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=0&uid=swg21138689
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=0&uid=swg21109799

I went to the schema.nsf on our Domino LDAP servers.  And, lo and behold,
there is a field there called SametimeServer.  However, when I do the
following from my iSeries command line:
QSH
ldapsearch -h ldap.dekko.com "sn=Berendt" cn sn SametimeServer
I get:
CN=Rob Berendt,O=DEKKO
cn=Rob Berendt
sn=Berendt