I'm not positive of the actual time.  My experience here has indicated a
bounceback time of 24 hours, but if you are seeing some older than that, I
don't know what to tell you.  Can you see where they are failing to be send
in the logs?  That is, can you tell what the problem is in the sending
process for those messages?  Note, too, that I'm not sure how long they sit
between sending attempts -- I know that if there's an obvious problem in a
message (such as a misspelled address) and I edit it in the router, it will
still sit on the server for a while before the router touches it again and
tries to re-send.

Maybe you are past your deadline, but haven't reached the "try again"
interval?

Patrick

             rob@xxxxxxxxx
             Sent by:
             domino400-bounces                                          To
             @midrange.com             domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                                        cc

             06/04/2004 02:15                                      Subject
             PM                        How long does email stay stuck in
                                       mail.box?

             Please respond to
              Lotus Domino on
               the iSeries /
                   AS400
             <domino400@midran
                  ge.com>

I still thank God I've upgraded to Domino R6 and used the option
Configuration Document, Router/SMTP tab, Restrictions and controls subtab,
SMTP Inbound controls sub-subtab, Inbound Intended Recipients Control
section, Verify that the local domain recipients exist in the Domino
Directory.

Now I have just a few emails stuck in the mail.box files.  They are
outbound emails and are valid emails.  How long does it stay, before it
gets bounced back to the sender?  Is that adjustable?  Some look like
they've been there for over 24 hours now.

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108