Rob,

This single server has been upgraded since the 4.x days and didn't start
out as Partition capable. I believe that Lotus doesn't support
automatically converting it to a partitioned server so there is another
complication.

I've done the "bind to specific address" with the version that dropped
support for MSF. The iSeries has some native applications that need to
send mail, so I need the native SMTP as well as Domino's. Its just that
they are behind a NAT firewall with only one public address and the
public DNS is maintained by the ISP. Adding another address would mean
buying another public address, getting the ISP to add the DNS entry
_properly_ and (the easiest part) adding a rule to the firewall.

Actually there are times when magic with ports is required. When they
wanted to use Apache for their web pages and keep access to web iNotes
the Domino HTTP server had to move to a port other than 80. The Apache
server handled all the web traffic with the Domino plug-in passing
appropriate requests off to Domino.

I will dig deeper into the Sametime Library.

Thanks

Roger Vicker