You will have to obtain separate Sametime server software to load.
Currently, you cannot install Sametime 3.1 (the latest release of ST) onto
a 6.5.1 server. Technically, you can install it, but it is unsupported.
Here is the info from a Lotus Technote on supported versions:

iSeries:
Sametime 3.1 for iSeries supports the following releases of Domino for
iSeries:
5.0.12 and later R5 releases
6.0.2 CF1 and later 6.0.x releases
Domino 6.5

If you want full support, I would recommend installing the 6.5.1 code and
then install another Domino partition (subsystem) on either 6.0.3 or 6.5
since they are multi-versioning capable. This way, your mail server would
be at the 6.5.1 stream with it's enhancements and you would be able to get
assistance for any problems. Once ST is 6.5.1 friendly, you will be able
to update that partition's code to 6.5.1.

The documentation with the Sametime server software is fairly thorough on
how to set it up on an iSeries.

You do know that if you have software support for your Notes/iNotes
clients that you get Lotus IM bundled? You are not licensed to use the
Sametime Connect Client, but you can use the integrated IM and presence
awareness for Notes/iNotes.

Finally, a Lotus tech told me that they are supposed to have a 6.5.xEXT
code for iSeries that will install the necessary code for Lotus IM
(Sametime). I believe it should be out this quarter, but you never know.

Chris Whisonant
Comporium
Senior Mid-Range Systems Administrator
IBM eServer Certified Systems Expert - iSeries Technical Solutions V5R2
IBM Certified Associate System Administrator - Lotus Notes and Domino 6
803.326.7270 (W)
803.326.6142 (F)

"Roger Vicker, CCP" <rv-lists@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: domino400-bounces+chris.whisonant=comporium.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
03/16/2004 04:32 PM
Please respond to
Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Where's it at - iSeries Lotus IM setup.

Now that I finally have Domino/Notes 6.5.1 media and the special
Passport license for 20 Sametime clients I am looking at adding IM. The
only information I have been able to find on setting up the server
states that you have to 1) have a separate IP 2) a separate server
instance and 3) not much detail on really doing it on the iSeries.

Where can I find the information on adding Sametime (hopefully using the
same IP) as we go from 6.0.2CF1 to 6.5.1 or shortly thereafter?

I would really like to keep this as simple as possible as they only have
one server (iSeries at R5V2, Domino, and Apache for HTTP).

Thanks.

Roger Vicker, CCP

--
*** Vicker Programming and Service *** Have bits will byte ***
www.vicker.com ***