The two platforms are really the same line, but the hardware architecture
was updated a lot in the iSeries. That's one of the ways to differentiate.
With the exception of some of the 270s produced in 2000 that were labeled
"AS/400" instead of "iSeries" (because the announcement had not been
made), the iSeries are all the newer architecture. By that, I mean that
SPD was not supported and HSL was the way to go, etc...

Chris Whisonant
Comporium
Senior Mid-Range Systems Administrator
IBM eServer Certified Systems Expert - iSeries Technical Solutions V5R2
IBM Certified Associate System Administrator - Lotus Notes and Domino 6
803.326.7270 (W)
803.326.6142 (F)

sjones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: domino400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
12/11/2003 06:14 PM
Please respond to
Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: Upgrading and AS/400

Greg:
An AS/400 is an I-Series. IBM changed the name years ago. Even some IBM
people call it an AS/400 instead of an I-Series.