Thank you, that appears to be the piece I missed -- and I thought I had
looked at both of the QIBM directories.

Thanks to you and Rob both for your assistance -- I may make it under the
wire yet.  Thank goodness I padded my schedule.

Patrick

|         |           Robert Laing       |
|         |           <rlaing@xxxxxxxxx> |
|         |           Sent by:           |
|         |           domino400-bounces@m|
|         |           idrange.com        |
|         |           09/26/2003 12:10 PM|
|         |           Please respond to  |
|         |           Lotus Domino on the|
|         |           iSeries / AS400    |

<domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                                                 |
  |       cc:
                                                 |
  |       Subject:  Re: Transferring between physical iSeries

Did you save/restore the /QIBM/UserData/LOTUS IFS directory ?  There's a
file in there(along with others) called LOTUS_SERVERS that contains the
record of what servers are configured.

Bob

domino400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 09/26/2003 01:00:49 PM:

> [...]

> content in the save file?  I don't understand why I would have to say I
> need to omit object that aren't even present.
>
> Question 2:  Weren't the options that I was using telling the system to
> create any objects that weren't present on the system?  Wouldn't that
> include directories?
>
> Anyway, here's hoping that what I'm waiting for is a successful restore.
>
> Thanks for your suggestions.
>
> Patrick
>

> |---------+------------------------------>
> |         |           rob@xxxxxxxxx      |
> |         |           Sent by:           |
> |         |           domino400-bounces@m|
> |         |           idrange.com        |
> |         |                              |
> |         |                              |
> |         |           09/25/2003 03:14 PM|
> |         |           Please respond to  |
> |         |           Lotus Domino on the|
> |         |           iSeries / AS400    |
> |         |                              |
> |---------+------------------------------>
>

>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>   |                                                       |
>   |       To:       Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400
> <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
|
>   |       cc:                                                       |
>   |       Subject:  Re: Transferring between physical iSeries      |
>

>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

> Let's see if you mucked up the ftp  :-)
>
> DSPSAVF backup/domprd1sav
>
> And if that is successful then try
> OBJ(('/*') ('/QSYS.LIB' *OMIT) ('/QDLS' *OMIT))
>

> Rob Berendt
> --
> Benjamin Franklin
>

> "Patrick Trapp" <ptrapp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Sent by: domino400-bounces+rob=dekko.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> 09/25/2003 02:18 PM
> Please respond to
> Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> cc
>
> Subject
> Re: Transferring between physical iSeries
>

> Thanks for the response, Rob.
>
> I've tried a few different permutations.
>
> Here's the one that I would use on Server A if I was trying to restore a
> single mail file -- which is actually all I've attempted to do in the
> past:
>
> RST DEV('/qsys.lib/wsp830asav.lib/domprd1sav.file')
> OBJ('/lotus/domino/domprod1/mail/filename.nsf') ALWOBJDIF(*ALL)
>
> Here's what I have attempted on the new server:
>
> RST DEV('/qsys.lib/backup.lib/domprd1sav.file') ALWOBJDIF(*ALL)
>
> Which returned the error in question.  One of the comments in that error
> description is to use /* in the OBJ parameter, so I tried this:
>
> RST DEV('/qsys.lib/backup.lib/domprd1sav.file') OBJ(('/*))
ALWOBJDIF(*ALL)